Sunday, 1 March 2015

January update

Howdy peeps 2nd attempt on this update I really should save as I go but I got distracted putting my daughter to bed, (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it )
I've posted this on Facebook and twitter so far but my current total raised so far is £1760 and I have approximately £150 left to bank. Really pleased to be making inroads to meet my target of £4100. Keep them donations coming
https://www.justgiving.com/Charles-MacQueen2/
Trying to get some time in at the gym when I can (mornings when k is at nursery and weekends). Spoiler alert: I'm not the most athletic almost 40 year old your likely to meet. However for posterity and as a motivational tool here is my progress so far.
5k cross trainer 33 mins
5k stationary cycle 11 mins.
I have no idea if these are good or not but everyone has to start somewhere right!
I haven't recorded weights yet but I will get round to that soon.
My current weight is 13.5 stone and I'm 6ft1.
Starting to get gear together for the big K I now have some snazzy winter base camp trousers from craghoppers and a pair of bear grylls survivor trousers. I think if the weather stays the same I might be using the craghoppers sooner rather than later. The trousers came from sportpursuit.com If you like outdoor sports then lookup the site as they have some good deals and offers.
Got myself a new phone and after 4 years I've said goodbye to HTC and hello again Sony. No particular reason for the change just had an offer I couldn't refuse. Enjoying the xperia so far camera is amazing the phone is lightening fast and I should be getting the smartband (gratis yay!) so I should be able to track my progress better.
The loony dook was a good laugh I was wearing my spiderman cycle outfit and my sister dressed as Wally, and yes it was bloody freezing as well.

Sunday, 21 December 2014

mount Kilimanjaro fundraising

Hi all.

My name is Charles I am 38 years old and back in august this year I decided to join MND Scotland charity trek of mount Kilimanjaro in September 15.

I have committed to raising £4100 by 1st august and so far I'm about 35% there.

I will be doing various fund raisers through the coming year starting with the loony dook on new years day with my big sister to continue raising funds.

My reason for choosing this charity is that unfortunately my brother died after being diagnosed with this disease 8 years ago. I've seen firsthand how awful and debilitating this disease can be on an individual and the effects this has on a family.

MND Scotland are a charitable organisation who survive mainly on donations and fundraising (95% with remaining 5% from government and NHS). The charity use the monies to pay for nurses, research, information and education services
http://www.mndscotland.org.uk

Please help me to help this organisation help hundreds of people suffering from this awful condition. Currently there is no cure for MND but were getting closer every year.




Any support you give will be greatly appreciated from money to moral, from a forward to a retweet. Donations of money, gifts and time can be put to good use.

https://www.justgiving.com/Charles-MacQueen2/

Thanks for listening.

If you want further info, updates or want to donate a gift for auction email me charlesmacqueen@gmail.com